18 Fri, 2011 § 2 Comments
I also have a tendency to procrastinate…especially when I know I am going to be awkward.
A looong while back, I was complimented by a friend I think very highly of — someone I really like. How could I not be flattered to learn I am Faith’s “kind of style”? 🙂 “Athletic, out-doorsy, wholistic”. That was nice to
hear read, especially after the day I had had. Allow me to be a little self-centered for a moment [as if this isn’t already one of the main premises having a blog] & revel in this flattery.
Then Julia honored me as well. Too much from women I love!
Of course, along with any kind of reward comes responsibility…hence the procrastination…which is why I am quite lame & undeserving of their kind acknowledgments:
1. Make a post & link back to the person who awarded you this award. Easily done.
2. Share 7 things about yourself. Ok, I can do this; so I started writing & some of the things that came to mind…well, I guess I needed a little more nerve to share these. Do I feel any more secure than I did weeks ago? Nope. Procrastination warranted then? Probably not.
3. Award 10 recently discovered great bloggers. Perfect! I have just the notion in mind. See below*
4. Contact these bloggers & tell them they’ve won!
1. I was seven when I learned girls are evil
. In high school, I realized it actually derived from insecurity & not necessarily a maldesign of corruptness. Either way, for a majority of my life, I have been “one of the guys” & struggled finding female companionship. As much as I always said, “eh, I just don’t like girls & their drama”…there was a little hole longing to be filled by sincere female friendship.
2. I hit a pedestrian once. She was ok, & fortunately only twisted her ankle. I could go back in time [in my mind of course], but with the frost, fog & glare of the sunrise, I still wouldn’t see her. I braked immediately when I heard her scream. Then she rolled over the front bumper. Worst.Day.Ever. Exhibit A, why I cannot stand careless drivers – you just have no idea…even when you are careful.
3. This always makes me cry…like big, sobbing tears of joy.
<object style=”height: 390px; width: 640px”><param name=”movie” value=”http://www.youtube.com/v/oiGKWoJi5qM?version=3″><param name=”allowFullScreen” value=”true”><param name=”allowScriptAccess” value=”always”></object>
4. I was 25 when I first stepped onto an airplane. My first trip? To Thailand with Dave on our honeymoon. Nothing like a nice 16-hour flight to break you in.
5. I am truly a small, town girl. I had classes at the university with as many students as my hometown’s population, which is less than 300 last I checked.
6. When I was a child, I wanted to be a marine biologist when I grew up. I even wrote a book in second grade about various sea creatures just for fun. My ocean experience is limited to a ferry from Seattle across the inlet & kayaking along Thailand’s coast, yet some days, I still long for that little girl’s dream.
7. I was two years out of high school before I learned what it was to have a true girl-friend. It turned out not all women were cruel & driven to destroy. In recent years I have discovered beautiful, kind, loving women all over the world, in life & in our little blogasphere. My life has been blessed & enriched by your friendships.
*I have been wanting to add my own blogroll to the site for awhile. This was the perfect chance for me to showcase the blogs I love to visit. I will finish it over the weekend, so expect to see this page by Monday. Thanks for being patient & bearing with me!
Enjoy your weekend — I’m off to Albuquerque for a girls’ trip!