Start the Work-Week Right
23 Sun, 2011 § 7 Comments
You know I am crazy & will sometimes wake at 4:30 to get a workout in before catching the bus. Some mornings this does not happen though, so I like to fit a lunch workout into my day. I might go for a short run, hit the climbing gym for an hour, fit in a playground workout at the nearest park or just go for a walk — my deodorant has been keeping up too. 😉 Even if I do get in my 4:30am workout, I love breaking up my day with movement & fresh air during my lunch break…even if it just means walking around downtown.
During your lunch break or in between classes consider doing any of the following:
- Go for a run
- Find the nearest park or school & do a workout using the playground equipment. Sometime I will do a full HIIT [high intensity interval training] workout; sometimes I just jog there & do sets of pull ups & hanging knees raises.
- Walk around the block or window shop if you work near any quaint, local shops.
- Is there is a gym nearby? Drop in for a class you have never taken or lift weights.
- Bike to/from work/school to relieve some of the stagnant feeling of sitting at a desk all day.
- Balance your day out with a yoga class. Check for lunch or specific weekday specials at a nearby studio. There is a studio downtown offering $5 drop-in on Wednesdays I cannot wait to try this week.
- Make a date with your camera. It will get you moving a bit & switch up your mindset by stimulating those creative juices while you walk around.
Whatever you do, love your body & love yourself by moving.
I promise it feels so much better than sitting in the break room.
How do you spend your lunch break? Ever make it an “active” hour?