Snap Peas & Lemon Butter
16 Fri, 2010 § 1 Comment
Did you know peas are actually a pretty great source of protein? Just one cup of Sugar Snap Peas has about 10 grams. Paired with Edamame, in mere minutes, you’ve got yourself a perfect light, spring dish with a nice little dose of afternoon protein. This simple dish is from a great little cookbook, The Kind Diet.
- 2C Sugar Snap Peas, trimmed
- 1C frozen shelled Edamame, thawed
- 1bunch Radishes, trimmed & thinly sliced
Cook in boiling water for 1 minutes. Drain & rinse under cold water to stop the cooking process. This is called parboiling.
- 1T EVOO
- 1 Garlic Scape, chopped
- OR minced garlic OR shallot OR whatever you prefer
Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic or shallot & saute 2 to 3 minutes until soft.
Add drained snap peas, edamame, radishes & 1/4 tsp sea salt; cook for 1 minutes or until heated through.
Remove from heat & stir in:
- 2tsp Lemon Zest, finely grated
- 1tsp Earth Balance butter
- 3/4tsp Umeboshi Vinegar (or other vinegar)
- Juice of 1/4 Lemon
- 1/4tsp freshly ground Black Pepper